There are professional products I can buy and use on myself, Yes?
Your skin is the largest organ on your body, it’s the first thing people see when they look at you, it can make you look and feel like your youngest, healthiest self if looked after properly or it can really age you if you don’t choose to invest some time and effort into your skin.
At GLO Skin Body , our therapists have extensive Dermalogica training and years of experience and they can help you achieve your best skin ever with the use of Advanced Skin Treatments.
Our newest Advanced Skin Treatment uses Dermalogica’s IonActive System . The IonActiveTM Power Treatment is a 45-minute professional skin treatment designed to address skin conditions such as acne, dehydration, sensitivity and skin ageing. Using potent, professional only formulas that can be optimised with the latest treatment room technology, the IonActiveTM Power Treatment achieves visible, supercharged skin results with no downtime . The results being achieved are nothing short of inspiring!
The IonActiveTM Power Treatment delivers immediate, noticeable results after just one treatment. For maximum results a series of three to six treatments every two to four weeks is recommended, followed by maintenance treatments twice per year.
Our Therapists have extensive Dermalogica training and years of experience and they can help you achieve your best skin ever.Sarah. Skin Centre Director
When you book in with us for an Advanced Skin Treatment you can be confident that the products being used on your skin during the treatment are significantly more advanced than your home care products and also that your therapist is highly trained and skilled at reading your skin to help you achieve your best results.
Combine this treatment with an at home skincare regimen that has been specifically prescribed for you and see for yourself the results you can achieve!
Keep reading for more details on IonActives and other key ingredients.
The IonActiveTM Power Treatment draws from up to six professional formulas: four IonActives , each one developed to target a specific skin concern, and two Gelloids with skin-specific benefits that can be layered over the IonActives to seal in active ingredients. The professional skin therapist performing the IonActiveTM Power Treatment will assess which combination is ideal for your skin, based on our initial Face Mapping skin analysis and consultation.
The first step in the treatment is application of the IonActive. These highly potent concentrates are applied directly to the skin, and the ionisable formula (meaning it can be converted into ions, or electrically-charged atoms) can be paired with professional tools such as Microcurrent, Galvanic Iontophoresus, and Ultrasound to enhance ingredient penetration:
● Retinol 1% IonActive contains microencapsulated retinol to reduce visible signs of skin ageing, improve skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles . Microencapsulated Chlorella Extract contains the same proteins and amino acids found in dermal fibres, increasing collagen synthesis and improving skin firmness.
● Hyaluronic Acid IonActive relieves dehydrated and/or sensitised skin with microencapsulated Na2 Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate , a building block of Hyaluronic Acid, which aids in cell regeneration and skin hydration. Varying molecule sizes in this IonActive hydrate top layers of the skin, protect against external irritants such as air pollutants, and bind water into deeper layers of the epidermis.
● Oligopeptide IonActive treats hyperpigmentation. Microencapsulated Diglucosyl Gallic Acid , also known as TriHydroxy Benzoic Acid Alpha Glucoside (THBG), is activated by natural microflora in the upper layers of the stratum corneum and is then converted to TriHydroxy Benzoic Acid (THBA), an anti-inflammatory agent that has four times the antioxidant power of Vitamin C. Together, they help control melanogenesis, reduce pigmentation spots, and inhibit skin redness. This IonActive also contains Oligopeptides 34 and 51 , which have been shown to significantly reduce melanin production and brighten skin.
● Niacinamide IonActive controls and prevents adult acne . Microencapsulated Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate , a stable derivative of Azelaic Acid, inhibits the growth of bacteria, decreases the formation of clogged pores and reduces swelling and inflammation by scavenging toxins and free radicals in the skin. Colloidal Silver and Tea Tree Extract act as antibacterial agents and Japanese Knotweed helps control sebum production.
Following application of the IonActive and optional use of equipment, your therapist applies a Gelloid to further drive ingredients into skin. The two Gelloids are a hybrid of massage mediums and masques and can be paired with LED lights or massage to optimise ingredient penetration:
● ExoThermal Gelloid is a thermal, self-heating formula that instantly warms with the natural heat of human hands. This formula can be optimised with use of Red LED, warm stones, warm peltier, Indirect High Frequency, and manual massage and is ideal for stressed, ageing or dehydrated skin.
● EndoThermal Gelloid offers a cooling sensation while providing antioxidant protection against photo damage. This formula can be optimised with use of Blue LED, or cold stones, globes, or ]roller to reduce inflammation, suppress acne, and soothe sensitised skin.
Want to learn more?
Book online or call us on 1300 828 131
to book your free initial skin consultation now.